Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Episode 6: The Survivors

We're back this week with the second episode in "The Daleks" serial, entitled "The Survivors".  This is the sixth episode in total so far, and originally aired December 28, 1963.  Starring William Hartnell as Doctor Who, written by Terry Nation, directed by Christopher Barry.  In this week's episode, Doctor Who, Ian, and Susan go looking for the missing Barbara in the strange "dead" city.  Before they can reconvene with Barbara, however, they run into an unforeseen, terrible adversary....  Audio length: 55 mins 39 secs.

Stream
http://blip.tv/file/4014649

Download
http://blip.tv/file/get/Whonoobs-TheWhoNoobsEpisode6TheSurvivors639.mp3

1 comment:

  1. I have nothing to add to what you commented on in the episode except to say that the Daleks as you know became very popular. They were commonly refered to as pepper pots due to their shape being so similiar to that.

    I know others have said about covering more episodes at a time but I think you are doing just fine. In fact you are watching the stories in a way they were aired. You are seeing the serial as the British audience did back in that time and only have the advantage of knowing that the serial does continue. In a way I envy you for having such a fresh perspective. Even though some future episodes are fuzzy in my mind, shen I get to watching them I will evetually have something jog my memory.

    ReplyDelete